Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
We have so much to be thankful for.
It's been insanely busy since my last post. Where do I begin?!
I'll start with lil' Miss Breanna who fractured her elbow on Thursday at school. It happened on the playground about 20 minutes before I picked her up. Such an unfortunate accident. She was such a trooper at the hospital that night. We were at Markham Stouffville Hospital for about 3 hours, where she had x-rays and an assessment, and it was determined that Bree had a small break in her elbow. She was fitted with a cast, which she'll need to wear for a week or so. She slept well that night, but couldn't get out of bed in morning on her own due to the weight of the cast, so it was pretty cute and funny - but also sad. She was a bit hesitant to go to school, but with a little encouragement, she bravely headed off to school on Friday and made it through the entire day! Breanna has been quite resilient and I can't begin to express how proud I am at how she's handled this scary and painful situation. I almost cried when they told us she needed a cast, but then I realized - how can I cry when she wasn't even crying! We've had a great weekend together and everyday she's adapting better and better with the cast and tomorrow, we are off to the Fracture Clinic at the hospital to see how her little elbow is healing.
Also....WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!...and, WE SOLD OUR HOUSE!!!
4 weeks ago, Keith and I saw a house, fell in love with this house, and ultimately bought this house. We will be moving to Thornhill (Leslie & Bayview) at the end of November and will begin to build new roots in our dream home. The house is 35 years old, a back-split, and has 5 levels of pure beauty. It felt like home the second we walked in and has the most incredible homey-feel to it. But what really sealed the deal was the backyard, which has beautiful trees and a big deck for summer BBQ's. We can't wait to move in at the end of November!
We also sold our current house about 2 weeks ago. Wow, it was quite the ordeal. We packed, staged, moved out of our house and in with Keith's parents. The house then went on the market, we encountered a bidding war for our house, and ended up selling it over-asking within 4 days of listing it. We then un-staged, moved back in and we are currently enjoying our last weeks in this house before we move out. A big part of me is so sad to leave this home that we've raised our kids in thus far. I love this house and it will always hold special and fond memories for me.
There have also been lots of birthdays we've celebrated as of late: Happy Birthday to Kim, Jason and Rosemary! Bree and Junior are so lucky to have Aunties and Uncles like you! I also went to a taping of Cityline with Kate, Kim and Mom Law on September 21st and it was so much fun! Plus, it was Fashion Friday, so we left with some great giveaways! We also hit up Kids Day with the Blue Jays last Saturday. I plan to post LOTS of new photos as soon as I hook up my Mac - which we packed away when we staged our house!
Other than Breanna's injury, the kids have been great. We had a wonderful week living with Grandma and Grandpa when we were selling our house, where Breanna and Junior behaved well and slept like champs every night. Junior is starting to talk a little more each day and he's becoming a trouble-maker. He's been saying Dada, Mama, uh-oh and ball for awhile now, but his latest words are "bye-bye" while waving and "cheese" while smiling at the camera. He's also very interested in climbing down the stairs (which is really nerve-racking), self-feeding himself with a fork and bowl (which is really messy), and pretty much following Breanna around and taking interest in EVERYTHING that she does. Luckily, Breanna doesn't mind this for the most part, but of course there are moments when she's not happy about having a shadow. Junior is also incredibly strong, so if he wants something, he will hold on for dear life. This creates some interesting tug-of-war incidents and funny enough, it's about a 50/50 draw. Considering Junior is only 17 months, I think Bree is going to be losing the wars a lot more in the near future!
This Thanksgiving, I would like to give thanks for the health and well-being of my family and friends. I would like to give thanks for the love and support of my family and friends. But most of all, I am thankful to be here, writing this and sharing life's great moments with my friends and family. Thank you for taking the time to read :)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Stay tuned for some fun pics from the last few weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment