Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My little man

Not a day goes by where my sweet little boy doesn't have me laughing at his antics.  Junior always has me in stitches.  Over the weekend, he went from laying on his stomach to sitting up on his own - a milestone we have been waiting for.  So why did to freak me out so much today when I opened the door to his room and there he was, sitting up looking right at me, with a big smile on his face?  Probably because, #1: it was the first time this has happened, #2: he was looking right at me!, #3: I realized that we will need to lower his crib soon.  Oh Junior.

My little boy also likes to clap.  He claps when he sees me clapping and singing with Bree.  He claps when he sees people on television clapping their hands (example: we were watching Live with Kelly this morning and when she walked out, Junior started clapping along with the audience).  And of course while he's clapping, he's smiling away.  He is such a happy little boy.

Junior loves applesauce and he enjoys eating Cherrios with us while we have dinner.  He trembles with excitement when he sees Bree for the first time in the mornings or when Bree gets home from school.  His arms flap, he jumps forward - if he could tackle her with a hug, he would!  Rattles, balls and legos are is favorite toys to play with, although he'll pretty much grab any of Bree's toys he can get his hands on.  It's hilarious when Junior gets a hold of Bree's precious bunny, I think he loves it just as much as she does!  I don't know what it is about that bunny, but it's beloved by the kids.

Keith and I are currently going through the daunting task of sorting out his home care/day care situation when I return to work in April.  It's so depressing.  I thought that I would have an easier time since I've been through this before with Bree, but it's not easier, if anything, it's harder.  In a perfect world, I would love to work part-time and stay home part-time to be with the kids.

2.5 more months to enjoy with my Junior.  I'm going to enjoy every last minute of it.


Quick update on big sister Breanna: her latest stunts include
1. Spinning in circles and falling down.  Today she was so giddy, she fell down and said to me "Mommy, stop moving!!!" and I said "I'm not moving hunny, you're dizzy".
2. Standing on top of a stool and singing at the top of her lungs (we have no idea what the songs are!?), insisting we clap afterwards, then giving us a big bow for her performance.  Good lord.
3. Walking down the stairs holding the top of the railing.  She points out the fact that she's holding the TOP of the railing every time so that I can commend her for being so "tall" and such a "big girl"  :)

Kids just kill me, they are so funny, so innocent, so awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Sooo cute!!! love the blog, love the pics!! It's so funny, I can practically hear your voice in my head while I am reading your words...esp. when you say "good lord!" so funny!

    xo

    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Junior...you are so cute! Keep the pictures coming please:)

    Rose

    ReplyDelete