Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Updates

Winter has finally arrived last week, so Junior and I have spent most of our days hunkering down at home as of late.  This worked out perfectly - my little man is crazy mobile nowadays!  Junior is crawling, rolling, pulling up and wanting to walk, which means only one thing: BABY-PROOFING!!!  As a baby, Breanna wasn't much of a trouble-maker.  She had no interest in sticking her fingers in sockets, pulling on cords, plunking at door-stoppers or wandering near the stairs.  Then there's our baby boy Junior.  He has already fallen down our 3 little steps leading to our garage.  He has stuck his fingers into numerous sockets and had pulled off 2 door stoppers (which now remain off indefinitely).  He loves to rattle, bang and throw his toys around, all the while with a big smile on his face.  Last night, Keith and I took him to the Raptors game and he was screaming, clapping and making friends with the people sitting behind us.  Who knew at 10 months Mr. Junior would be so social - it was 2 hours past his bedtime for crying out loud!!!

Junior has also decided that he is more interested in playing than napping.  He used to be on the clock when it came to his naps, but in the last 2 weeks it all changed.  Instead of his usual 2 naps a day (each of which were 1.5 hours long), he's now napping when he wants to nap (sometimes his naps are half hour, the other day he napped for 3 hours!), resulting in him being WAY over-tired come 7pm and knocking out around 7:30pm.  He's been falling asleep at the dinner table, so perhaps its time to up his bedtime.  I guess this is all a part of him growing up - which I'm totally not ready for.  He's my little baby.  How did this all happen so fast?


Our 10 month old Raptors fan, desperately wanting to take his first steps!

Breanna is also growing up at a rapid pace.  She saw her school friends at a birthday party the other weekend and she was in pure heaven.  I don't think I've ever seen her so happy, she was squealing with joy while she ran around the indoor playground with her friends.  I can't begin to describe how grateful I am that Breanna has met such great friends at school, and now that I've gotten to know their parents, what a wonderful new network of people that have come into our lives.  Not only has school taught Breanna to be well-mannered, patient and thoughtful, I really believe that her school friends have taught Breanna to be kind to one another, to share and show affection and most of all, to love one another.  When we arrived at the party last weekend, each of Breanna's school friends greeted her with a big hug and hello and they all made sure that each other were included and having fun.  It warmed my heart to see her friends treat Breanna with so much adoration and Breanna the same.  It made me so happy to see Breanna so happy.

Today, we had our second trip to the dentist with Breanna (I'm not sure that the first time counts, she was only 2 and they just had her sit in the chair and peeked in her mouth).  Keith and I were nervous that she would freak out and not let the dentist check and clean her teeth.  Who likes going to the dentist?  Not too many people I know, so we were prepared for the worse.  So in preparation for WWII at the dental office, Keith and I put on our silly-hats and got Breanna SUPER excited about our visit to the dentist.  We hoped that by making it seem like the best place in the world, we could entice Bree into actually enjoying her experience at the dentist....and to our surprise, IT WORKED!!!  Not only did she listen to instructions from the hygienist and dentist, she also enjoyed it and actually had FUN!  She learned all about how important it is to keep her teeth clean and Breanna is actually looking forward to her next check-up in September.  I can't tell you what a relief it is when your kids surprise the heck out of you.  Again, it made me so happy to see Breanna so happy  :)

Good times as of late.  Life is good.  Life is good.

OMG, could her smile BE any bigger?!
Breanna at the dentist  :)

Breanna and her BFF's at Natasha's birthday party
Clockwise: Anna, Chole, Alina, Eunice, Bree, and Natasha

Couldn't resist including a picture with my happy girl
Us colouring at Real Sports during lunch before a Raptors game

No comments:

Post a Comment