I haven't been in the best place - things have been difficult as of late.
My mom is sick again: this time with leukaemia.
She was admitted to Princess Margaret Hospital on Sunday and began her chemo therapy treatments yesterday. I spent last evening with her at the hospital and to see her smile as we talked and shared stories made me realize just how strong and resilient she is. How could I possibly be scared and worried when my mom is putting on such a brave face? Being strong for my mom is just as important as being strong for myself.
My mom is sick again: this time with leukaemia.
She was admitted to Princess Margaret Hospital on Sunday and began her chemo therapy treatments yesterday. I spent last evening with her at the hospital and to see her smile as we talked and shared stories made me realize just how strong and resilient she is. How could I possibly be scared and worried when my mom is putting on such a brave face? Being strong for my mom is just as important as being strong for myself.
The kids have helped keep me grounded. Their gleeful shrieks and endless energy wrap me in happiness. Breanna is all about her summer dresses and her new love of Rapunzel (move over Aerial!). She addicted to freezes and has been happily helping Daddy with gardening. Junior is all about walking and squealing with joy. He loves to signal "more" in sign language during snacks and meals, and has also learned to signal "all done" with his hands in the air when he's had enough. I can't believe he's growing up so fast. Thankfully, he still loves to give snuggles, and I gladly take them as they come. There is nothing better than the love from your children.
I have my moments, but for the most part, I've been staying positive. There's a constant ache in my heart, but I try to fill it with the support and love of those around me.
No comments:
Post a Comment