Saturday, August 25, 2012

Summer 2012

You can't be serious.  Summer is over already?


We've kept Breanna busy with a planned summer schedule we put together back in May.  She started with 2 weeks of summer camp at her Montessori where she enjoyed a ton of fun outdoor activities, along with lots of different arts & crafts.  This is a big departure from what she's used to at Montessori, so every day when we pick her up, she's always telling us about what she did different at "school" today - still not completely understanding that it's "camp" and not "school".  Adorbs.

The last 2 weeks of July, Keith took some time off and I took some time off to spend some quality one-on-one time with our first born (while Junior went to day care as scheduled).  Breanna has had limited one-on-one time since the birth of Junior 16 months ago, so this time alone with her was long over due.  She had a blast and was SO GOOD, Keith and I were thrilled to see our little girl shine in our company.  We made trips to the Zoo, the petting farm, shopping and of course: COSTCO!  Haha, we love Costco!  Overall, it was a great time with our Bree-Bree.

In August, Bree was back at summer camp for another 3 weeks, and the other 2 weeks were split between Grandma and Grandpa, along with more time-off for Keith and I.  Bree asked every night before she went to bed "where is Breanna going tomorrow?".  So cute.  And we always answered truthfully on where she was going...and it was always interesting to see her reaction - which was either "YAY!!!" with a big smile, or she would be deep in thought and have this undecided look on her face.

We've seen Bree blossom into this spirited little girl this summer.  She's singing songs all day long, and the louder the better apparently.  She loves to colour and is holding her markers, pencils and crayons in proper fashion - - which leads Keith and I to believe that our little girl will soon be bringing home workbooks from school this coming year. Her favorite movie this summer has been Loin King and we took a short over-night trip to Niagara Falls and stayed in a hotel, and since that trip, Bree has been asking to go on "vacation" every weekend.  And what I love most is that she points and says "I want to go with Dada (points), Mama (points) and Junior (points).  My family!".  How can you not love her.

 Breanna on a pony?!  I didn't think it would ever happen, but it did and I'm so happy we caught it on camera!  Bree was nervous for about 80% of the pony ride, but near the end, we eased up and loved it!

What a joker.  I was taking photos of Keith and Junior in the pool and who stuck her head into the shot? - Breanna.

Breanna accessing whether she should give this donkey a carrot.
The outcome?  She gave the donkey the carrot  :)



Junior has been sweating up a storm this summer.  I have no idea how this little boy can sweat so much - he truly is a mirror image of his father.  Junior is now full on running and he loves to dive head first into anything new.  Keith bought the kids an inflatable boat that he filled with balls and Junior beelines for this ball pit every opportunity he gets.  He also loves to climb stairs, especially if his sister is walking up next to him.  One of the best things about my Junior is his squeal - he's just so excited and happy he literally squeals with joy.  He squeals jumping into his ball pit.  He squeals walking up stairs.  He squeals jumping around in bed with Bree.  He squeals when we play hide-and-seek and peek-a-boo with him.  He's fun fun fun  :)

One thing that he's picked up from his sister is his love for TV.  I'll be milling around the kitchen and will find him pulling at my pant leg, handing me the remote control!  He did this to Keith the other day too and Keith could hardly believe it...until I told him Junior has been doing this for weeks to me and burst his bubble.  Junior is also a big fan of Dinosaurs, and he will often pick up his favorite Dinosaur book and hands it too me to read to him.  Lovable, darling and independent - - that's how I would describe my little man.  One of the things best about my boy is that he can play independently and entertain himself...I think this has a large part in him taking Breanna's lead and just handing out with his big sis.  Not a day goes by where I'm not thankful for my beautiful babies.

It's been an amazing summer, and with one more week to go, we are going to close out summer strong. Bree and I are going to get haircuts together for back to school, we are going to make one more trip to the Zoo, we plan to spend some time with family, and of course, the CNE!


Hey Big Guy!  
Junior sporting his Blue Jays gear.

The little guy brushing his teeth.  
He picked this up so quickly - - How?  By watching his big sister brush twice a day  :)



And I can't talk about this summer without mentioning my Mom, who spend most of this summer in the  hospital, recovering from her chemotherapy treatments.  Thankfully, she is now back resting at home after 4 long months at PMH.  We are thrilled to have her home and although we still have a long way to go in her recovery, with the love and support of all of our family and friends, we feel good about the next steps to getting my Mom back to good health for her next stage of treatment.



No comments:

Post a Comment