Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Update: Bree and Jr. the last 2 weeks

It's been a busy last 2 weeks, and will continue into the summer months now that school is officially over for the year.

Breanna celebrate her last day of Montessori with a Teddy Bear Picnic and was so excited for the special occasion. She brought along to school her favorite stuffed dog to enjoy the picnic with her.


Breanna has also started soccer and swimming lessons every Saturday and Sunday, so our summer weekends are going to be jammed (what were we thinking!?).

Soccer began well, with Bree jumping for joy when she received her soccer uniform and soccer ball...but that quickly changed when participation in the class began.  Some of the kids can't get enough of soccer, running and kicking the ball constantly - but not our girl.  Breanna definitely needs more one-on-one interaction with the coach, so the ratio of 2 coaches for 20 toddlers doesn't bode well for our little girl.  Nonetheless, Keith and I are trying to make it as fun as possible for Bree - focusing less on the technical part of soccer and more on the fun of being outside and being active.  This past Saturday's lesson went better, with Bree kicking the ball into the net on 2 occasions - go Bree!  :)


Swimming has been much more successful.  The morning before Bree's first Preschool 1 lesson, I told her that she was going swimming by herself for the first time and she burst into tears and cried that she didn't want to go.  Uh oh, not a good sign.  But when we got to the pool, Bree suddenly had a change of heart and willingly joined her swim teachers and classmates in the pool with zero hesitation - what a GREAT surprise!  I was so happy to see Bree swim on her own.  She kept a close eye to ensure I was always within sight, but she swam the whole lesson without a fuss.  This past weekend was a breeze too - yay!  That's my girl!!!


Junior has been growing like a weed and is almost full-on running now.  His walk is pretty classic - a puffed out chest and little stomps.  In 3 words, I would describe him as happy, cuddly, and curious.  He loves to eat bread sticks and cherrio's out of his snack trap.  He's also a big fan of popsicles and freezees, mostly because Bree loves sharing them with him.  Junior is also taking swimming on Sunday's, the class after Breanna, so we are at the pool on Sunday mornings for quite some time  :)  Junior is a fish and LOVES the water, so Parent & Tot 2 fit the bill.


We also went to Wonderland 2 weeks ago for AMD day with Keith's company.  The kids LOVED it, but it was a long, hot day at the park.  Of course it had to be one of the hottest days to top it all off, so by 3pm the kids were pooped and so were the adults.  But we really enjoyed the day and had so much fun on all the rides and in Splashworks.

Junior on the carousel, snacking on a cookie.  What a multi-tasker! 

My sister, Bree, Junior and I on the Train Ride - we sang songs the whole ride  :) 

Bree and I on the Helicopter Ride.  Bree loved it, especially since I got to ride with her!

Bree and Daddy on the "Kids" Dropzone.  I think Keith was more scared of the ride than Bree was...

It's going to be a busy summer, but we are looking forward to it.
And if you can believe it - we're 6 months away from Christmas (sorry, but I just LOVE Christmas!).





No comments:

Post a Comment