Only a few days left until Christmas is here. I've been busy finishing up my shopping, wrapping gifts and baking cookies. This past weekend was hectic, but it was all worth it considering how much fun we had catching up with friends and enjoying great company. Plus, we celebrated my brother's 30th birthday! Happy Birthday Ben, I can hardly believe my little brother is now the big 3-0. Not so little any more...
Keith dug out of the basement a special Santa kit we bought a few years ago in preparation for the day Breanna would understand about Santa. We are so excited about putting out cookies and milk for Santa on Christmas Eve with Bree and Junior - I'm really curious to see what Bree's reaction will be on Christmas morning. I don't have high expectations of course, but this is what Christmas is all about and this is why I love it. Bree has been asking to see Santa everyday to tell him she's a good-girl (SO CUTE!), so we will be making one last visit to Santa at the mall before the week is over. She is such a stinky, but we have to admit, she really has been on her best behavior for the last week or so and it's all because she wants to please Santa. I can not wait for this weekend!!!
My little Junior is CRAWLING! The milestone occurred yesterday afternoon. We were doing some floor time and next thing you know it, Junior was pushing his body forward with his legs. My baby boy is growing up so fast. I'm really trying to enjoy each day with him - once the new year hits, my Mat leave days are numbered and soon I'll be returning to work. I vividly remember this stage during my first Mat leave with Bree and I was so sad and heartbroken. I had a really hard time letting go of my time with Bree. I think it will be easier this time around since I know what to expect...but every time I look at Junior's smiling face, my heart starts to ache just like it did the first time with Bree. *Sigh*
But one thing at a time, this is what I've learned since having children, taking one day at a time. Right now, it's time to enjoy Christmas... then, we ring in the New Year :)
No comments:
Post a Comment