Monday, April 30, 2012

Back to Work

I have officially re-joined the working world and is once again a part of the workforce.

After another full year of Maternity Leave, I started work last week at my new position with Lug (www.luglife.com).  So far, it's been great.  Not only is everyone very nice and helpful, they have all gone out of their way to make sure that I feel included and welcomed.  I think I'm really going to like it there - which is important because if I'm not with my kids, I better be somewhere I want to be! :)

Junior has been adjusting like a champ since we've transitioned him to home daycare and Grandma and Grandpa.  Just like his sister, he really enjoys playing with other kids, so it's no surprise that he's having the time of his life at home care and with his cousin Lauren on days he's with his grandparents.  Last Thursday, my little man stood on his own for a good 10 seconds - he stood so proud and tall, with a BIG smile on his face!  Keith, Breanna and I were so fortunate that we caught this milestone all together and got to savour the moment as a family.  Breanna was so sweet, giving Junior a big hug and saying with encouragement "good job Junior, good job!" when she saw him standing for the first time.  It's only a matter of time before he'll be walking...a milestone we hope to catch as a family once again.

Breanna is really coming into her own, bursting with words and song and energy.  She's at an age where she surprises me everyday with something new - I often catch myself studying her in awe.  As of late, she's all about being our little "helper", especially at dinner time and before bed.  She loves to help us with putting out Barkley's food, putting dinner dishes in the sink, wiping the dinner table, putting hers and Junior's clothes in the hamper and helping with setting up the bath.  She's also been insisting on doing things herself, like putting on her socks, jacket and shoes.  Keith and I love that she wants to do things herself, we just need to make sure there's time for her to do so since it takes a whole lot longer!  Still, we try to make do and love watching her focus on her tasks and seeing her beautiful smile once she's accomplished  :)

Now that I'm back to work, my evenings and weekends are more critical than ever - soaking up the little time I have with my kiddies each day is what keeps me going.  It's interesting talking with other mom's and their feelings about their kids - we are all so different.  We are all dedicated, devoted and loving parents, but all so different in our approaches, our stories, our attitudes.  One thing is for certain: our kids change our lives forever - in the best way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment